Thursday, December 15, 2016

Worm Animation

        The worm animation was one of my first projects this year. I learned how to use the puppet pin tool in Adobe Aftereffects and create a cycle animation.

        The worm itself and the scenery was created using Adobe Photoshop by utilizing the paintbrush tool. I then, moved the saved layers into Aftereffects to animate it. A new composition was created then, the selected layers were moved into it and onto the timeline.. Using the puppet pin tool and starch tool to create the squiggly shape of the worm. 

       In the timeline, there are key frames. By setting a keyframe, you are allowed to change the shape of the layer and the computer will save the keyframe shape. This is what creates the animation. Once, I had two set keyframes, I just copied and pasted unil I filled in the timeline.

      Once I filled the timeline, I added a null object. This is an invisible shape. I parented the worm to this null object which I had added keyframe to, moving it across the screen. 

Next time, I hope to be able to add more movement to my worm and create more action in the animation itself. This was a great stepping stone to future projects.

Final Product:

        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Senior Final Exam

Four years of e-Comm has gone so quickly. It's been a blur of projects and fun times, yet a time of indescribable grow...