Friday, December 16, 2016

Final Exam and Reflection for Video


         This semester has been a focus on Convergence Journalism and it's been hectic. We've done feature stories, news stories, and a video title ONW 1:2000. Part of our final project is putting together our own ONW Now news program and that has taught me so much about the production of news programs and film making in general.

The GSA: Josie Hilton

       My favorite video from this semester was my Gender-Sexuality Alliance feature story.
I set my focus on Josie Hilton, an asexual, biromantic senior who is a leader in the GSA.
 I got a head start on the project and also ended up being one of the last people to turn it in.
 It took me about a week and a half to two week to film and edit.

        Being in my second year of e-Comm, this was the first year I was allowed to use cameras and
 not just an iPad to film. This presented some struggles by itself. Firstly, I hadn't learned how to
 correctly set up the built-in mic, so I had to attempt some extra editing for one of my interviews
 because sound was only picked up in one channel. So, of course, I learned how to set that up.

Final Product:




Using Your Planner: a Tutorial
       My second favorite video was my tutorial for the freshman on how to properly ask a teacher to
sign your planner. I filmed this with my partner Ariel Seemann.

       This took us two class periods to film, two classes to edit and a class to revise. This was my first
project for sophomore year, so it's not the best quality. Editing faced a greater challenge than anything.
My freshman year, we used Final Cut Pro, but this year we used Adobe Premiere, which has a different
set up, but is slightly more professional. It took some getting used to.

Final Product:






       I believe I used most of my class time to the max. There have been some cases where I've messed
around a bit when I could have been doing work, but not too many. I try to spend as much time editing
as possible to give out some of the best work I can. If I have a little down time close to the end of class,
 I usually work on designing my blog or playing around with Adobe Photoshop.

      I believe my greatest strength is my passion and creativity. I love what I do, I just struggle sometimes.
 My biggest weakness is choosing my equipment. I always seem to choose equipment with some fault,
mainly the tripods. I'm pretty mediocre in choosing my shots and editing. I could work harder and
improve my blog too.

        Overall, I believe my videos could be better if I worked harder. I like to think of myself as a
creative person, but I'm also very visual. Convergence Journalism prove a challenge to me because
it's close to impossible to plan out what shots to film because anything could happen. Hopefully in
Entertainment next semester, I can showcase some better work

No comments:

Post a Comment

Senior Final Exam

Four years of e-Comm has gone so quickly. It's been a blur of projects and fun times, yet a time of indescribable grow...