These dogs will always have a special place in my heart considering I own a PitBull (Featured in video).
I wanted to do my best to portray these dogs in the best light. My narrative lead was dry because my original was too long. I was hoping for one that would have a better impact.
For my video, I interviewed Cassie Webber from MABBR and Alondra Marquez from Unleashed Rescue. My dog, Phoebe Cate, was adopted from Unleashed, so it was an obvious choice. I found MABBR online while doing a little research. Cassie ended up being more accommodating than anyone from Unleashed.
Shooting was a nightmare. My entire portion with Cassie was filmed outside with no wind guard. There was a lot of background noise that was very bothersome. Before getting this assignment, i misplaced my 16 GB SD card, so I ended up using my dads 8 GB. Five minutes into filming B-Roll with Cassie, I ran out of space because I had Alondra's interview and B-Roll on it. We ended up having to wait almost an hour for my dad to bring me a new SD card before continuing to film.
Editing was relatively easy, but after uploading it to YouTube, I got a message asking me if I wanted them to fix the video shakiness. Of course, I said yes, but the outcome is not wa=hat I was expecting and it looks terrible. I'm not sure how to fix it without taking down the video, so I'll have to figure that out.
Overall, I enjoyed this project and although I'm not the biggest fan of Convergence Journalism, it's growing on me. I strive to improve in both filming and editing.
Final Product (with weird YouTube editing):
Script:
NL: When most people hear the words “bully breed”. They think of a big scary
dog that is potentially dangerous. This is common as the media portrays
these dogs in a wrongful manner.
NG: There are many people who
dedicate their days to changing this.
Cassie Webber from the
Mid-American Bully Breed Rescue talks about their goal and what it's like to
own one of these magnificent animals
Interview 1:
Well, so our mission statement that we facilitate the rescue and adoption of
any Pitbull, bully breed looking dog and our goal is to get them
in a stable home and of
course, somewhere where they are going to thrive and it’s a good fit. Because
people think that adopting a bully breed is the same as adopting any dog and it’s
really
not. You know, the
family has to be ready
to possibly move at any
point. Cities are
overturning their breed
specific legislation but
any time somebody can
come in and reinstate it. You know, we were dropped by our homeowner’s
insurance, so at any time, somebody
to come in and say “you
know you're not allowed to have this dog anymore” so, you
kind of have to, you
really have to
know what you're getting
into and also be willing to advocate for your
dog to friends and
family members and people that don't necessarily understand.
VO1: Unleashed is a rescue organization that
focuses on bully breeds. Alondra Marquez talks about the struggle of adopting.
Interview 2:
We started off as a Pitt organization and after that, we started off rescuing
more dogs, but on-site we do have a lot more Pitts than any other breeds. We
have families coming in here who do want Pitts, but they can’t because in their
city, they don’t allow Pitts or
apartment they're like “oh
no we don't allow Pitts because there’s kids here and there’s other dogs here.
Their evil, they’re not safe” and stuff like that.
Outro: This has been Lizzie
Swartwood. Now back to the desk.
No comments:
Post a Comment