Thursday, November 30, 2017

MX4D Review

MX4D- What is it?

MX4D is an experience. It's a way to immerse yourself in a movie without just using visuals and sound. You have moving seats, smells that go along with what you're watching and different types of ways to feel what you're seeing. There is snow, rain and bubbles falling from the ceiling. There is air blast and water coming from your seat and little strings that tickle your ankles and little punches that hit you through your seat. There are only five movie theaters in the United States that have this, so it's pretty exclusive. 

My Opinion Before Going In

I've been to 4D movies before, but it was completely different. The ones I had been to had the audience wear 3D glasses. In this theatre, there were no 3D glasses and more of the 5 senses were attainable.  I was really excited going in. 

My Experience

We saw the new Justice League movie. My expectations were high and it wasn't quite satisfied, but I still enjoyed it. I did experience problems, but they were minimal. For one, I wear glasses and there was no way to shut off the water spritzes. It really distracted me because whenever there was liquid on the screen, I would quickly have to cover the holes in the chair. it was also distracting to have the little punches through your seat. The biggest problem was that it distracted me.  I did really enjoy the chairs moving during the fight scenes, but I felt like it was made more for entertainment than actual movie watching. 

I'm actually planning to go see Justice League again because I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure if I'd see it in MX4D. It was fun, but distracting. 

Integrating MX4D 

In my films, I'mm not quite sure how I would do it. I don't really like making action movies. MX4D is more geared to action, thriller and horror movies. I like dramas and romances. I'm not sure how I would integrate it. 

My Ideas to Improve Movie Theaters

I don't really have any ideas for technology. I do think that movie theaters should lower the prices of their concession, but I also think there are other things that don't involve technology that they could do. 

Conclusion

I really enjoyed MX4D more for the experience than the movie watching. I do think it could improve the theatre industry, but it's just so expensive, I don't know if its worth it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Senior Final Exam

Four years of e-Comm has gone so quickly. It's been a blur of projects and fun times, yet a time of indescribable grow...